So we're back after a fantastic trip to Queenstown - more about that in next week's blog!
In the meantime, fancy whipping up a batch of cookies this weekend? These are courtesy of Australian Chef, Bill Granger - they are perfect for kids lunchboxes and adults too! I've altered the recipe slightly by adding chocolate chips, you can add milk/white or dark or just stick with the raisins alone (use 175g if doing this).
Enjoy TPB X
OATMEAL, RAISIN & CHOCOLATE COOKIES
150g unsalted butter, softened or use 150g reduced fat spread if you prefer
225g soft brown sugar
1 egg beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
125g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
235g rolled oats (regular porridge oats)
100g milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Line 3 baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Cream butter & sugar together until fluffy & smooth. Add the egg & vanilla extract & beat until smooth.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder & salt into the bowl and mix together. Add the oats & raisins & stir together.
4. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into bowls & place on the baking trays. Flatten the balls with a fork. Bake for 20 mins or until pale golden.
5. Let them cool on tray for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool further.